Saturday, August 25, 2007

First week, iPhone!

To say that the first week was pretty hectic would be gross-size-of-the-universe understatement. I'm taking five courses this semester (Calc III for CS Majors, Beginner's French, Intro to Physics, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java, and Intro to Computing Systems) plus I have work 8 hours a week at the ResNet office (read previous post). I'm liking all my classes so far, all the professors are good and the schedule is pretty cool as well. I've got labs in both Physics and Computing Systems, but they are yet to start. We do all kinds of cool stuff in the Computing Systems lab, and towards the end of the course we'll be doing assembly programming for Nintendo GBA.

One of the good thing about this course is that you can do uber cool stuff like change the opening logo and sound of the GBA and then show it to people. Then when they are shocked and ask you "How does one do this?", you can reply "Well...You can't!". *smiling nod*

Work has been fun as well, I'm learning a lot of cool stuff, in addition to earning some pocket money (well, bank money actually). Freshman move-in week was a very hectic week, as we had to go to all residence halls and make sure that everyone is connected to the internet. I got to play around with all sorts of new and awesome laptops. Now I've realized how much of a pain in arse Vista is. Even though Georgia Tech 'officially does not support Vista yet, most of the freshman had Vistas on their machines and one out of ten gave us a No MAC Address found error.

Anyways, here is how my schedule looks like for this semester:


As you can see, there aren't many free gaps on the weekdays. The good thing is that weekends are totally free.

Now on to the next part of my post.

Ze iPhone.

I ordered the 4GB one two days ago from the Apple website. I was kind of bored of my Nokia 6280 and wasn't too happy with T-Mobile's service either. So I'm going to have to change my carrier to AT&T. As of 11AM Saturday morning, my iPhone is resting at a FedEx sorting facility at Hampton, GA, which is just 17 miles from my place (thanks Google Maps). Hoping to get in a few hours.

I'm going to end this post by leaving you guys with some iPhone pics.















Making-you-feel-jealously,
Dhruv

No comments: