Monday, July 16, 2007

Huddo!

OK, the title of this post has a very unique and suttle pronunciation, more commonly known as the Mallu Hello. Its most commonly used by people from the state of Kerala who speak Malayalam and spell out Malayalam as Yem-Yay-Yel-Yay-Why-Yay-Yel-Yay-Yem. How does Dhruv know all this, you might ask. How does Dhruv know all this, I shall tell.

I went to Cochin for the weekend.

The great mighty global Infy had sponsored a trip for all the interns to Kerala for the weekend, which also happened to be my last weekend in South India land. We stayed at Taj Malabar, the good point. We travelled by overnight trains, the bad point. But nevertheless, it was a lot of fun spending time with people from all around the globe and learning quite a few new (drinking) games.

What was terrible on Infy's part was to make all of work on the Monday, when we just returned at 5 AM in the morning on the same day. This has lead me to non-drug induced drugged state. Add to this the fact that today was probably the longest day in office over the period of my internship. Add to this another fact that I would probably break this record tomorrow. My internship ends this Friday and I would be flying back to Delhi on Saturday, just in time to catch the finals of Channel [V] Launchpad. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Been ages since I went to a gig in India, apart from Aerosmith (which deserves another post in itself).

I still remember my first few days at Infy, everything was so disorganized, crazy and tough. In three days, I started to love it. It definitely has been one of the best experiences of my life and I have no regrets at all, though now I kind of want to go back to my shiny new car and the ultra shiny new Sony Xplode music system.

Right now I'm in Catch 22 situation, that is, I'm reading the book Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. Been fun so far.

Also right now, my Dominoe's Gourmet pizza with extra topping of spicy chicken and garlic bread sticks with cheesy dip are staring at me, waiting to be gulped. I can't disappoint them, can I?

Yours truly,
Dhruv

1 comment:

Tikna said...

Your Malayalam spellings remind me of my physics teacher !