Monday, July 23, 2007

Shocking concert, car accident, and tyre poker.

Phew! What a weekend!

Saturday saw me bidding goodbye to Bengaluru. I had been living there for two months, and had the time of my life. I totally fell in love with the weather, and the Infosys campus. Also the food. Infact, if I had cut myself a week ago, I would have bled sambhar.

However, this post is not about Bangalore.

Its not about sambhar either.

Its about the weekend I spent in Delhi right after returning from Bangalore.

I reached Delhi around 1:30 PM, after watching two hours of Great Indian Laughter Challenge onboard my Kingfisher flight, and Raju Shrivastav has definitely not lost his touch. I came by a morning flight because I wanted to go to Channel [V] Launchpad final, being held at Pragati Maidan on the same evening. I reached the venue around 4:30 with my school friends, just in time for the rain to start pouring, and hence we were drenched even before the first chord was strummed.

Dhruv's advice of the month - Rain + Large sound system + Moshing + Leaning on the railing = ELECTRIC SCHOCK!

I learnt it the hard way.

The concert wasn't the best I've been to, but still it was nice meeting friends again. However the electric shock wasn't the only thing that happened that day. If you read the title properly, there was a car accident as well.

So we had a car accident as well.
A friend of mine was dropping me off when someone tried to overtake us from the right while we were turning right. Not the 'right' thing to do. Specially when we gave the indicator around 200mtrs before the turn. They got all the sympathy since there was a lady and a child in the car. I had to call my parents, and so did my friend who was driving. It all ended fine, since those people were the patients of my friend's parents who were doctors. Yes, definitely, phew!

Sunday saw me all geared up for the European grand prix. And the greatest thing in sports happened, TYRE POKER (actually the second greatest, first is 6 red cards in one half of a soccer game, thats always fun).

For the un-formula1-ated, tyre poker is a term given to the state of the teams in F1 when they are unsure about the weather, basically what tyres to put on since it all depends on how wet the track is, and it makes for spectacular viewing. Around 7 cars went off track in the first few laps due to aqua plating of the track, and the race had to be restarted with a safety car in front. It was one awesome race, and I'm happy that Alonso won, and I'm sad that Hamilton lost. Nevermind, still. We still are kicking some crimson-arse.

Saw Parry Horter and the Porder of the Ohenix today. Pretty crappy. I'm glad I never fell for whole hype surrounding HP.

Touching wood,
Dhruv

No comments: