Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My first 'chalan', and other news.

Yes, me, Dhruv, Dhruv Chopra, (methead), got (most probably) a 'chalan'.

I was on my way to Ansal Plaza, taking a right turn under the Panchsheel flyover. As most of you aren't aware, and I wasn't either, the right turn opens for less than 10 seconds. On top of that, there was a Tata Sumo in front of me, which, in accordace with its name, doesn't let you see anything beyond it, including a red signal.

This traffic policeman sprang out of no where and asked me to stop since it was a red light. I hadn't really jumped it by then, I had merely bent my knees and clutched my fists. I reversed back to the zebra crossing line, however I saw him note down my license plate number. #@#@!@%#$@.

In other news, India won the test match. Yay! After a long long time I followed a test match closely. There were a lot of factors which helped us, the seamers finally getting their line and length right, the openers giving us a good start, Kumble destroying their tail-end, but the fact that I followed it closely is crucial.

Will I follow more matches in future? I'll think about it.

Also, Sanjay Dutt has been sentenced for 6 years in prison, under the Arms Act for his role in the 93 Mumbai blasts. I have no sympathy for him, even though Munnabhai is amongst the only two hindi movies I've enjoyed in the past few years (the other is mentioned at the bottom of the past, do NOT scroll down though!!). I just hope that him being a celebrity doesn't work against him.

Our news channels are rutheless, one of them is constantly playing the ironic song by Sanjay Dutt "Main nayak nahin, khalnayak hoon main". I know it perfectly fits the situation, but come on. This other channel is playing the song "Yeh hain meri kahani", showing footage of him going to the jail.

*Note to self - I need to be careful of what songs I decide to figure in.

On that note (lamest no pun), I'll leave.


Cheers,
Dhruv

PS - I asked you NOT to scroll down, didn't I? Control yourself buddy.

PPS - Oh you didn't scroll down? Good. But you thought of it, didn't you?

PPS - The other movie was Rang De Basanti.

No comments: